According to the University of Michigan Health System, aspirin falls under a combination of drugs called ‘salicylates’ which work against the triggers that cause bodily pain, fever, and inflammation. It also helps to prevent blood clots and hence effective against heart attacks and stroke. The question may arise: does aspirin work to pass a drug test? Well, there are a lot of popular remedies along with some myths about the drug and we will discuss each one in detail.
But first, why would someone resort to passing a drug test by any means other than abstinence? There could be many reasons but most importantly, it could be a part of pre-employment screening or a drug test for sports activity. Whatever the case, please check the respective laws in your area to assess whether it is legal or not to make any such attempt.
Now let’s begin our quest to explore both the good and the bad impacts of aspirin on the human body according to its prescribed usage and can aspirin help to pass a drug test?
What is Aspirin?
Pharmaceutically named, acetylsalicylic acid or aspirin, is the most common over-the-counter drug used as a pain and fever reducer, a blood thinner, and an anti-inflammatory agent. For long, weed users have experimented with aspirin to work against drug-use detection. It is claimed to have scientific backing but as with any other drug, an overdose or usage beyond prescribed purposes can be dangerous so please check your allergies or any pre-existing conditions before attempting to flush your body with aspirin.
It may often be confused with queries like, does methocarbamol have aspirin in it? That is another medication which also contains aspirin and is used to relieve muscle pain and spasms but is mostly avoided by weed users to beat a drug test.
Health Risks of Aspirin
Before we discuss the different methods to use aspirin to pass a drug test, we need to consciously be aware of the health risks we may be putting ourselves in. For a common OTC drug, aspirin comes with a large variety of probable side effects and health risks. There are quite a several conditions where it is not advised to take aspirin due to their treatments, especially with medications already in use that might aggravate and seriously risk your life. The following table lists all the warnings you need to take before using aspirin to pass a drug test.
|Pre-existing Conditions||Medications already in use|
|Liver disease||Glaucoma medication|
|Kidney disease||Blood clot prevention medication|
The possible negative effects upon ingesting aspirin include:
- Abdominal cramps
- Skin rash
- Upset stomach
It is strongly advised to carefully check all these conditions, medications in use, and possible symptoms induced by aspirin before you decide to take the medication to pass a drug test.
How Does Aspirin Work to Pass a Drug Test
From myth to scientifically-backed remedies, taking aspirin to help pass a drug test has been quite an evolution in its own right. According to a 1994 research paper, listed in the National Library of Medicine, there is some evidence that the presence of aspirin or salicylates in urine can generate false-negative drug screening results. There are a couple of ways how to pass the urine drug test using aspirin, but two main approaches are popular among marijuana and weed users who want to pass a drug test.
- On the day of the drug test, drink at least a liter of water over 2 hours.
- Take four 325mg tablets of aspirin at least 6 hours before the test. Spread out the intake to ensure safety parameters according to your pre-existing conditions, if any. You may try dilution of tablets in the water and drink it like that.
- Make sure you urinate twice before the urine drug test.
- When at the drug test facility, collect your urine sample midstream.
- Take two 325mg tablets of aspirin at least 6 hours before the drug test.
- Take the last two 325mg tablets of aspirin 2 hours before the test and drink a lot of water.
- Urinate as much before the drug test as required.
Whatever approach you choose to go with, please do so with caution and responsibility. In case of any adverse side effects, contact medical assistance immediately.
Pros and Cons of Using Aspirin to Pass a Drug Test
Taking either of the aforementioned approaches, you might wonder with such huge quantities of it in your body, does aspirin show up on a drug test? As with any other medication, aspirin carries with itself a list of pros and cons and you need to carefully assess whether the pros are worth the cons or vice versa.
- Being an OTC drug, aspirin is relatively safer when used under prescribed instructions.
- Scientifically effective to produce false-negatives in EMIT (Enzyme Multiplied Immunoassay Technique) urine drug tests.
- Works as an efficient preparation for a urinary drug test, and possibly a hair follicle test
- Easily available and user friendly
- Not suitable for all ages and pregnant women
- Can induce internal bleeding
- Requires large quantities of water to be consumed which may prove fatal
- Aspirin can be detected in the lab tests of the piss sample
- Does not directly affect THC metabolites or any other drug residue
- Could be illegal in some areas to cheat on a drug test
Aspirin Urine Drug Tests – Social Media Reviews
Before we conclude, it may be helpful to read some social media reviews and personal stories, like the following, to prepare yourself for taking aspirin to help pass a drug test.
To Sum it Up
Everyone responds differently to medications and it is important to know your vulnerabilities. But when in a situation where you feel you do not have any other option to pass a drug test, try the suggestions made in this article. After all, science has backed the capacity of aspirin to produce false negatives in a relatively safe manner as long as you follow the instructions and dosage carefully.